Saturday, August 29, 2009

Buried in the sand, Pt. II

I'm finally getting back to this blog after an amazing camping trip out west in Oregon, where we proudly swam in 5 different bodies of unpleasantly cold water: Lake Waldo, Crater Lake, Diamond Lake, some tiny stream near Vancouver, WA, and the Pacific Ocean. Technically I also waded through the small river at Smith Rock, but I won't count that here after our group's decision that being "in the water" necessitates that you hair and your junk (or equivalent) get soaked. Ha.

Luckily I also had the opportunity to fulfill the topic of my final post prior to vacation: being buried in the sand. I hadn't done this myself probably since I was little (if ever? I'm actually not sure...), but as we laid on the mini beach along the shores of Lake Waldo last week, the water a bit too cold to wade around in for more than half an hour, there was nothing else I could think of doing. So I began digging a hole on my own, and after about 45 minutes I jumped in and had my friends pile the sand back on top of me. Here's the magical end result:


Many thanks to my friends, old and new, for helping to make a wig for me out of the strange hair-like moss that blankets the trunks of the local trees and for artfully decorating my mermaid bottom half with intricate scales. Ah, and for the lovely bikini top as well.

I'm sure this is one of those photos that I should never post online lest I run for public office one day ha. But it's awesome, so I'll do it anyways :)

2 comments:

  1. I thought I already commented on this and it didn't show up. Anyway, my comment is-- damn, you're a sexy mermaid. Merman? Nah, mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In sand beaches i used to bury myself too with my friends and that was one of the happiest moment before. We also make a castle sand and were really fond to make one of it.

    ReplyDelete